Published on Friday, 17 October 2014 17:07
Written by Michael Veaderko MP Competitor
Recently I have been experimenting with my post workout meals. Knowing my macro break down I have come up with a recipe for Banana Bread Muffins.
- 1 Large mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup Organic butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Cage Free large eggs
- 1/4 cup of quinoa flakes
- 1 cups gluten free oats
- 2 scoops of Vanilla Protein (My choice is Next Level Nutrition)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 80% dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine banana, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Combine protein powder, quinoa, oats, baking soda, Splenda, Splenda brown sugar, and salt in a food processor.
- Slowly add flour mixture to banana mixture in bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. I prefer coconut oil. Add batter mix to muffin tins 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Allow muffins to cool for 2 minutes before removal.
Occasionally I will add different spices to change it up. Cinnamon is the most common seasoning I will add, though I also like to use pumpkin pie seasoning.
Macros per Muffin (not including chocolate chips)
Calories – 209
Fat – 9
Carbs – 19
Protein – 14