Sometimes I wonder what would happen if NFL football players would pursue bodybuilding instead of football. There are some true freaks of nature playing professional sports. I never made it to the NFL as a football player, but even at the collegiate level I saw several thoroughbreds walking through the locker room. Look at our current and defending 2x Mr. Olympia, Phil Heath.
You don’t have to get on stage to consider yourself a bodybuilder. Many of us live the lifestyle day in and day out. We eat our 6 meals, have a scheduled cheat day, never miss a workout, and buy our supplements religiously. Luckily for me, I don’t compete and maybe never will, which is why when Christmas comes along you can make damn sure that all bets are off when it comes to dieting and training consistency.
NATIONAL PHYSIQUE COMMITTEE AND GASPARI NUTRITION ANNOUNCE SEPTEMBER ATHLETES OF THE MONTH
PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA (December 20, 2012) - The National Physique Committee and Gaspari Nutrition have announced seven competitors – Dallas McCarver, Tammy Jones, Sabrina Nicole, Dawn Fernandez, Danielle Delikat, Anton Antipov and Jill Rudison – as the NPC Athletes of the Month for the month of September.
All of the athletes won Overall titles in their respective divisions at the IFBB North Americans in September. Each of the winners will be profiled on the NPC News Online and will receive free product from Gaspari Nutrition.
Each month, NPC President Jim Manion selects the Athletes of the Month in each of the organization’s seven divisions – Men’s and Women’s Bodybuilding, Figure, Bikini, Fitness and Men’s and Women’s Physique – based on in-person analysis and on the information provided by contest promoters across the country and featured in the NPC News Online Contest Roundups.
For complete profiles and galleries of the August NPC Athletes of the month, go to www.npcnewsonline.com.
About the September Athletes of the Month:
- Men’s Bodybuilding: Dallas McCarver, 21, became the youngest competitor in history to win an Overall title at a pro qualifier when he won the Super Heavyweight and Overall titles at the IFBB North Americans.
- Women’s Bodybuilding: Tammy Jones, 33, started training after joining the Army as a teenager. Jones won the Heavyweight and Overall at the IFBB North Americans.
- Figure: Forty-four year-old Dawn Fernandez, a mother of three, started training as a way to get back in shape after having her third son. Fernandez, who started out as a Bikini competitor, won the Overall and Class F titles at the North Americans.
- Bikini: Sabrina Nicole of Dallas, Texas, won her class and the Overall at the North Americans. Nicole, 35, started competing in 2011.
- Men’s Physique: Anton Antipov is a former fashion model who was born in Belarus and moved to New York City at the age of 14. Antipov, a self-described “skinny teenager”, won his class and the Overall at the North Americans.
- Women’s Physique: Jill Rudison, 34, started competing in Figure in 2010 on a dare from a friend. Rudison won her class and the Overall at the North Americans.
- Fitness: Danielle Delikat, 35, took two years off from fitness competitions to work on her routine for the 2012 season. The layoff paid off, as Delikat won the Overall and an IFBB Pro card at the North Americans.
A year in review for those who joined the ranks in 2012, www.GregPlitt.com has fueled the fire of personal transformation for thousands of people, inspiring and motivating them to not only transform their body physically, but also unlocking their mental potential and self confidence to help them build a better life. This video shares just some of the impressive transformations people have made physically and mentally while fueled by the www.GregPlitt.com Members Section. GregPlitt.com exists to provide the truth and uses the gym environment as a metaphor for life, providing the education and motivation to help you take charge of your destiny and become your own master!
If you don’t already know who the ‘Good Guys’ are then look no further than Aaron Singerman and PJ Braun. Fans of their popular radio show, Iron Empire Radio, know that I’m quoting an episode when the two went on a rant about all the funny questions random people ask them around town.
The date? Sunday December 15th! After a brutal day of lifting at Bros vs Pros 13 at Diamond Gym in Maplewood, NJ. . . the Rx Muscle Crew, the IFBB Pros, and all the gym "Bros" will be heading over to West Five Supper Club at 505 Madison St In Hoboken NJ for the 1st Annual Rx Muscle After-Party. Thanks to DJ Robbie Lopez we'll have complete VIP treatment-- immediate entrance into the club, private table and seating, and the best party atmosphere around.